Does it matter who is composing digital media and how they are characterized? Why?
- “‘Hidden Figures’: How Black Women Did the Math That Put Men on The Moon”
- Short Take: Hidden Figures – The People Behind The Story You Know
- “‘Hidden Figures’ a Hit”
- “When Women Stopped Coding”
- HCI – human computer interface (i.e. Siri)
- Is it practically human or is it just a neutral tool? What would McLuhan say?
- The history of computers (both human and mechanical), computers themselves became conflated with feminine qualities—good with mind-numbing details—while programming was taken over by men, pushing women out.
- Thus HCI (Siri) is largely a creation by men of what the ideal computer/woman would be—helpful, selfless, attractive, and attentive. Hence, men in drag.